Engineer (Experienced, Lead, Senior)
ALTERSIS Performance is a leading EMEA IT consulting firm specialized in IT Performance Management and continuously expanding geographically. You will work in a team of specialized experts that has been providing Performance Engineering (PE) and Application Performance Management (APM) services to customers in EMEA for more than 15 years and has built PE & APM expertise and methodologies according to this experience. With all our consultants being IT Performance specialists, Sword Performance Solutions has realized over 2000 IT Performance projects with over 200 customers in multiple countries and industries. New hires will join an insightful introduction program including training in our own, proven Performance Engineering and APM methodologies as well as certifications in the leading APM and Performance Testing technologies (e.g. AppDynamics, Dynatrace, NeoLoad, etc.). While then working at large, international clients we promote and ensure the knowledge sharing of our experts by regularly gathering our consultants and engineers in Switzerland. Furthermore, we offer distinguished career development plans for both engineering (technical) and consulting paths for all our team members.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- While our office is located in Basel, Switzerland, you have to be flexible and are ready to work on projects taking place all over Switzerland and abroad (Germany, France, etc.)
- Manage Performance Testing campaigns at customer site from non-functional-requirement phase, through planning, tooling set-up, to execution, analysis and presentation of results including recommendations for performance improvements.
- Lead and/or collaborate in consulting projects with the objective to define/improve the governance, processes, tooling architecture of Performance Testing organisations at medium to large corporations.
- Perform application audits focussing on performance management by analysing the application architecture, performing code analysis and executing performance tests using state of the art APM solutions for analysis of results and define recommendations.
- Support customers in the resolution of performance bottle necks in production through instrumentation and analysis of collected information using state of the art APM solutions.
- Tailor APM solutions to the needs of organisations and specific requirements ensuring proper implementation at all stages of the application life cycle.
- Collaborate in the definition of commercial value propositions for new and existing customers.
- Support the internal development of methodologies, products and services.
- You have a diploma in Computer Science, Engineering Sciences or comparable.
- You bring at least 3-5 years of work experience in the area of software development using technologies such as .NET, Java/JEE, XML technologies and data-base integration in addition you have good knowledge of different web-technologies such as html, ajax, css, etc.
- You have experience in preparing, executing and managing performance test campaigns and reporting these results to different stakeholders.
- Additionally you have experience in requirement definition management as also solution acceptance testing, preferably in the area of load and performance testing.
- Good knowledge of processes, tools and methodologies related to state of the art software engineering best practices such as RUP and Agile.
- In addition to your technical skills you are capable of presenting to different management layers in German and English, French is a plus. Generally, we prefer consultants to speak English in combination with either German or French.
- You preferably bring a few years’ experience in the management of teams either directly or as project manager and have gathered the related experience in budget-, planning- and risk- management.
- You are flexible and are ready to work on projects taking place in Switzerland and abroad (Germany, France, etc.)
Please note that we are only considering applications from Swiss and EU-27/EFTA nationals or Swiss work permit holders for our open positions in Switzerland.