Java Developer with passion for performance (Performance Engineer) 80 – 100%
Who WE are
ALTERSIS Performance is a leading EMEA IT consulting firm specialized in IT Performance Management, based in Basel, and continuously expanding geographically. Join us on our journey and contribute to our success story in becoming the leading IT Performance Management company in EMEA!
You will work in a team of specialized experts who have been providing Performance Engineering (PE) and Application Performance Management (APM) services to numerous clients since 2002, continuously developing our own PE & APM expertise and methodology:
- Define Load model and scenarios in close collaboration with the feature teams
- Script load tests based on the information from Application Performance Management and Log Monitoring tools
- Run and analyze load tests using load generators and Application Performance Management and Log Monitoring tools
- Deliver load test reports incl. detailed analysis of the runs
- Give recommendations to feature teams how to improve their application performance by analyzing either the application behavior in test or production
- Support and implement Continuous Performance Engineering with the feature teams, which incl. e.g., static code reviews, code profiling, microbenchmarking, code near performance tests, etc.
- Participate in internal working groups to further improve the topic of performance engineering
- Work with our clients, including several large international corporations, defining programs, projects and roadmaps in the areas of Performance Management Governance, Unified Monitoring, Performance Engineering, Load & Performance Testing and further APM disciplines.
- Support customer projects and ensure the performance of business-critical web applications via governance, engineering and industrialization over the whole application management life cycle (design, test, implementation and operation).
- Depending on qualification, lead customer APM integration projects with on- and off-shore integration teams.
- Support customers in the evaluation and implementation of application performance management solutions.
- Collaborate in the definition of commercial value propositions for new and existing customers.
- Contribute to the internal development of methodologies, products and services.
Who YOU are
- You have a degree in computer science or Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- Very good Java / J2EE experience (5 years plus)
- Have first experience with Performance Testing e.g., with JMeter, Gatling, K6 or other tools.
- Knowledge of Log Monitoring or Application Performance Monitoring is an advantage
- Experience with Cloud Solution e.g., Azure, AWS, OpenShift or PCF is an advantage
- You are fluent in English and know also German and/or French
More skills and your Mind Set
- You are motivated to work as an external expert and consultant on customer projects and enjoy working interactively with all (project) stakeholders, both internally and at customer’s site
- You are flexible and willing to work on projects across Switzerland. In this context, we expect you to be able to work independently, have a confident manner and be willing to travel
- You can prioritize the right tasks and working with the internal and external ecosystem to preserve and share your knowledge
While our IT Consultants are deployed on exciting and challenging projects at renowned companies, we promote and ensure the exchange of knowledge between our experts by regularly bringing our consultants together for meetings at our headquarters or by organizing team-building events at various locations. In addition, we offer all our team members excellent career plans and training opportunities.
Altersis Performance AG is an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking forward to your application!
ALTERSIS Performance AG
4051 Basel, Schweiz
T: +41 (0)61 723 01 88