- Profession and activities: Consulting and technical services in the areas of Application Performance Management (APM), Monitoring, Performance Engineering, and Load & Performance Testing
- Technologies: Java, JEE, ASP.NET, Web Development, Distributed Applications, Networks, Databases, APM, Monitoring and Load Testing Tools
- Location of the company: Basel, Switzerland
- Assignment location: Mainly onsite at customer projects in Switzerland, possibly also internationally.
- Attractive remuneration and other benefits (such as 1st class subscription for public transport throughout Switzerland, mobile contract also for private use, and extensive training opportunities during working hours).
- Permanent contract (80-100%)
COMPANY & CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
ALTERSIS Performance is a leading EMEA IT consulting firm specialized in IT Performance Management and continuously expanding geographically. In terms of our expertise, we are already the European leader, as well as the market leader in the countries we are currently operating in. Join us on our journey and contribute to our success story in becoming the leading IT Performance Management company in EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa)!
You will work in a team of specialized experts who have been providing Performance Engineering (PE) and Application Performance Management (APM) services to numerous clients since 2002, continuously developing our own PE & APM expertise and methodology.
Initially, new employees participate in an introduction program that includes training in our own proven performance engineering and APM methodologies as well as certifications in leading APM and Performance Testing technologies (e.g. AppDynamics, Dynatrace, NeoLoad, etc.).
While our IT consultants are then deployed on exciting and challenging projects at renowned companies, we promote and ensure the exchange of knowledge between our experts by regularly bringing our consultants together for meetings at our headquarters or by organizing team-building events at various locations. In addition, we offer all our team members excellent career plans and training opportunities.
Due to our strong growth, we have several vacancies at different career levels. There are many opportunities which we are happy to discuss according to your qualifications and interests:
- Performance Engineer / Consultant: In exciting projects, you will support our customers in understanding and optimizing the performance of their critical business applications.
- Lead & Senior Consultants: In addition to advising our customers, you will take responsibility for customer projects and/or team leadership, having the opportunity to further evolve into a Managing Consultant.
- Lead & Senior Engineers: As a technical expert, you will be responsible for creating, validating and implementing technical concepts for our customers. You will be the technical lead a customer site and go-to person internally for certain technologies, having the opportunity to evolve into a Performance Architect.
- Work with our clients, including several large international corporations, defining programs, projects and roadmaps in the areas of Performance Management Governance, Unified Monitoring, Performance Engineering, Load & Performance Testing and further APM disciplines.
- Support customer projects and ensure the performance of business-critical web applications via governance, engineering and industrialization over the whole application management life cycle (design, test, implementation and operation).
- Depending on qualification, lead customer APM integration projects with on- and off-shore integration teams.
- Support customers in the evaluation and implementation of application performance management solutions.
- Collaborate in the definition of commercial value propositions for new and existing customers.
- Contribute to the internal development of methodologies, products and services.
- Furthermore, the following success factors are important in your daily work:
- Prioritizing the right tasks and working with the internal and external ecosystem to preserve and share knowledge,
- Punctual and accurate status and time reports as well as inputs to project reports and documentation of procedures and results.
YOUR PROFILE & QUALIFICATIONS
- You have a diploma, bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or a comparable education.
- You are motivated to work as an external expert and consultant on customer projects and enjoy working interactively with all (project) stakeholders, both internally and at customer’s site.
- Depending on your entry level …
- You have already gained some professional experience for the position as (Junior) Performance Engineer / Consultant and know how modern enterprise and web applications are built and structured
- For the position as Lead and Senior Consultants/Engineers you have at least 5 years of professional experience in software development with technologies such as .NET, Java/JEE and database integration, as well as good knowledge of various web technologies such as html, ajax, css, etc. You also know how modern enterprise and web applications are built and structured. In addition, you have experience in requirements management and solution acceptance, preferably in the area of load and performance tests or APM projects. You preferably have several years of experience in leading teams directly or as a project manager and have gained the relevant experience in budget, planning and risk management. Prior knowledge of application performance management and monitoring as well as load test technologies is also desirable.
- Good knowledge of processes, tools and methods related to the latest best practices in software engineering (e.g. RUP or Agile).
- You are fluent in English and preferably also in German and/or French.
- You are flexible and willing to work on projects across Switzerland and abroad (Germany, France, etc.). In nthis context, we expect you to be able to work independently, have a confident manner and be willing to travel.
[Please note that we are only considering applications from Swiss and EU-27/EFTA nationals or permanent Swiss work permit holders]