ALTERSIS Performance is a leading EMEA IT consulting firm specialized in IT Performance Management and continuously expanding geographically.
You will work in a team of specialized experts that has been providing Performance Engineering (PE) and Application Performance Management (APM) services to customers in EMEA for more than 15 years and has built PE & APM expertise and methodologies according to this experience. With all our consultants being IT Performance specialists, Sword Performance Solutions has realized over 2000 IT Performance projects with over 200 customers in multiple countries and industries.
New hires will join an insightful introduction program including training in our own, proven Performance Engineering and APM methodologies as well as certifications in the leading APM and Performance Testing technologies (e.g. AppDynamics, Dynatrace, NeoLoad, etc.).
While then working at large, international clients we promote and ensure the knowledge sharing of our experts by regularly gathering our consultants and engineers in Switzerland. Furthermore, we offer distinguished career development plans for both engineering (technical) and consulting paths for all our team members.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with our clients, including several large international corporations, defining programs, projects and roadmaps in the area of DevOps and its relationship with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Testing and Continuous Performance. Address challenges of New Generation Monitoring, Application and Infrastructure Performance Management and have an understanding of DevOps approaches, tooling and required processes, Monitoring and Systems Management Technology, Governance and Support Organisation Structures.
- Support customer projects and ensure the agility of their development and operations teams, establish DevOps both technically and culturally, validate monitoring of availability and performance of business critical applications via governance, engineering and industrialization over the whole infrastructure and application management life cycle – from design, test to implementation.
- Lead customer’s next generation DevOps and monitoring projects with on- and off-shore integration teams.
- Support customers in the evaluation and implementation of DevOps tooling, predictive analytics software and next generation monitoring solutions.
- Collaborate in the definition of commercial value propositions for new and existing customers.
- Contribute to the internal development of methodologies, products and services.
- We are hiring for both Engineering and Consulting roles and depending on experience at different levels (Experienced, Lead, Senior).
- You have a diploma in Computer Science, Engineering Sciences or comparable.
- You have at least 5 years of work experience in the area of DevOps-related toolchain infrastructure engineering, automation and support in medium/large IT environments, with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment systems and related technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.). Alternatively, experience with system management products from IBM, Microsoft, HP, CA or BMC as well as their integrations and interfaces to eco systems.
- You worked with business analysts, engineers and architects to define methods and engineer technical solutions and processes for DevOps, Continuous Testing, Continuous Delivery or a variety of systems management products and components used in medium/large scale companies.
- You have very good analytical skills, strong knowledge of Operating Systems (Unix/Linux and/or Windows platforms), containers (Docker, LXC or similar), automation tooling (Kubernetes, Ansible, etc.) and scripting (Perl, Python, Shell, VB Script)
- Additionally you have experience in requirement definition management as also solution acceptance testing, preferably in the area of DevOps, monitoring and systems management.
- You work to project schedules and provide accurate and timely feedback for any assigned tasks.
- You produce high quality documentation related to solution design, operations, governance and end-users.
- In addition to your technical skills you are capable of presenting to different management layers in German and English, French is a plus.
- You preferably bring a few years’ experience in the management of teams either directly or as project manager and have gathered the related experience in budget-, planning- and risk- management.
- You are flexible and are ready to work on projects taking place in Switzerland and abroad (Germany, France, etc.).
Please note that we are only considering applications from Swiss and EU-27/EFTA nationals or Swiss work permit holders.