Senior APM Engineer 80 – 100%
Who WE are
ALTERSIS Performance is a leading EMEA IT consulting firm specialized in IT Performance Management, based in Basel/Switzerland, and continuously expanding geographically. Join us on our journey and contribute to our success story in becoming the leading IT Performance Management company in EMEA!
You will work in a team of specialized experts who have been providing Performance Engineering (PE) and Application Performance Management (APM) services to numerous clients since 2002, continuously developing our own PE & APM expertise and methodology:
- Advice clients on APM architecture questions and help customers starting with APM,
- Installation and configuration of APM tools like AppDynamics, Dynatrace, New Relic, etc. at different clients,
- Implementing Reals User Monitoring incl. customized dashboards showing the end client experience for monitored web applications,
- Implement infrastructure monitoring incl. customized dashboards to get a health view of the underlying servers, databases, etc.,
- Configuration of health rules and alerting to have proactive information in case of an event e.g., increasing response times, errors, etc.,
- Work on Custom Data Collection e.g., for data from log monitoring tools or other data sources,
- Work through and resolve challenging issues with the APM tool in place,
- Partner with development teams to ensure optimal configuration based on the application code.
- Give trainings and hold APM kickoff meetings in front of the client,
- Be part of Working Groups and contribute with your knowledge to future APM solutions & services.
The Job Facts
- Work with our clients, including several large international corporations, defining programs, projects and roadmaps in the areas of Performance Management Governance, Unified Monitoring, Performance Engineering, Load & Performance Testing and further APM disciplines,
- Support customer projects and ensure the performance of business-critical web applications via governance, engineering and industrialization over the whole application management life cycle (design, test, implementation and operation),
- Depending on qualification, lead customer APM integration projects with on- and off-shore integration teams,
- Support customers in the evaluation and implementation of application performance management solutions,
- Collaborate in the definition of commercial value propositions for new and existing customers,
- Contribute to the internal development of methodologies, products and services.
Who YOU are
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent professional experience,
- Good knowledge and experience of two or more of the following tools: Dynatrace, AppDynamics, New Relic,
- Knowledge of Log Monitoring solution as e.g., Splunk or elastic,
- Good Level of experience with Unix / Linux,
- Thorough understanding of containerized, microservice and distributed architecture – experience in Docker and Kubernetes,
- Experience with Cloud Solution e.g., Azure, AWS, OpenShift or PCF is an advantage,
- You are fluent in English and know also German and/or French.
More skills and your Mind set
- You are motivated to work as an external expert and consultant on customer projects and enjoy working interactively with all (project) stakeholders, both internally and at customer’s site,
- You are flexible and willing to work on projects across Switzerland. In this context, we expect you to be able to work independently, have a confident manner and be willing to travel,
- You can prioritize the right tasks and working with the internal and external ecosystem to preserve and share your knowledge.
While our IT Consultants are deployed on exciting and challenging projects at renowned companies, we promote and ensure the exchange of knowledge between our experts by regularly bringing our consultants together for meetings at our headquarters or by organizing team-building events at various locations. In addition, we offer all our team members excellent career plans and training opportunities.
Altersis Performance AG is an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking forward to your application!
ALTERSIS Performance AG
4051 Basel, Schweiz
T: +41 (0)61 723 01 88